Saturday, March 23, 2013

What is love?

Upon searching for the correct spelling of the W. H. Auden, who described lust or sexual drive as "intolerable neural itch", I came across this article titled Brains Do It: Lust, Attraction, and Attachment by Helen E. Fisher. This article further explains what I call the three branches of love.

Are you serious? You are asking yourself that question again? What is love?

I recently settled on love acronym, which for me is: Listen, Observe, Value, Embrace.

I'll let my subconscious work on a new one that includes Oxytocin... haha!

What is love? C'mon, there is no definitive answer to what is love. So, it's ok, whatever you feel and identify as love, is love, sorrow or happiness, that depends on where you are standing in the spectrum of love. We have abilities to appreciate different shades of love, love expressed in all sorts of ways. So, it's ok, to use the word love in everyday, even with people we just met, we all love, we can say I love you without holding ourselves back, without questioning our motive or intent... thought we just might be asked to clarify what we mean by love, and deservingly so. We can feel love, be in love, with ourselves or others, anytime, we humans love to love, we crave love, so, why not?

By the way, each time i try to type article, I misspell it as articke, and the spellcheck wants to change it to artichoke. my body might be hungry for artichoke dip. it's not yet lunch time, but what the heck, it's brunch time.

I'll conclude with this quote by one of my favorite wordsmiths...

“Love is an endless mystery, because there is no reasonable cause that could explain it.” 
― Rabindranath Tagore

xo,
FG

No comments: